As you’ve heard us say many many times before, newborn questionnaires are one of the most important things you can use to get to know your clients before a session! They can be especially critical with newborn photography as you want to make the new parents as comfortable as possible, get an idea of what they are expecting, and create a session that is unique for them.
- Baby’s name and gender (if you know)
- Due date
- Baby’s weight (if already born)
- Does your baby have any special need I need to be aware of?
- Are there any siblings that will be incorporated into this session? If so, what are their names and ages?
- Do you have any props or ideas that you would like to use into your session?
- Do you have a preference on what colors are used?
- Do you have any specific poses or requests for the session?
- Does the baby’s nursery have a theme or color scheme?
- Where do you plan on displaying your images?
- Have you had professional photos taken before?
- How did you hear about me?
By asking these questions in your newborn questionnaire, not only are you getting your building excitement by getting your client to start visualizing the session but also brainstorming for how they’ll display their images after the session. Questionnaires add a layer of professionalism to your shoots and in turn can lead to more referrals for your business!