Hashtags on Instagram
If you’ve been avoiding hashtags on Instagram, you might be missing out on an incredible opportunity to expand your reach and connect with a whole new audience. Without hashtags, your posts are primarily seen by your current followers and perhaps a few new viewers who stumble upon your content through the explore page.
By incorporating hashtags into your posts, you open doors for users to discover your work based on their interests. This gives you a chance to engage with individuals who are genuinely interested in what you’re doing, potentially leading to your work being featured or even gaining new clients. In fact, there have been instances where brides have found and hired vendors by searching for specific hashtags related to their city and wedding.
Make the most of Hashtags
To make the most of hashtags, here are some valuable tips:
- Be mindful of limits. Instagram allows a maximum of 30 hashtags per photo, so choose them wisely.
- Conduct research. Before using a hashtag, search for it to gauge its popularity and the number of existing posts. Opt for more unique tags that align with your content or where you’d like it to be featured.
- Get noticed. Explore the hashtags used by your favorite accounts that feature photographers’ work and consider incorporating them into your posts. Check if they complement your aesthetic. You can also take note of the hashtags popular photography pages are using and experiment with using them as well.
- Personalize with couples’ hashtags. If you’re a wedding photographer, take advantage of the couples’ hashtags to showcase your images in front of their guests.
- Keep captions clean. If you prefer not to clutter your captions with hashtags, you can either add them as a comment underneath your post or format them with periods and line breaks to make them less visible.
- Save time with a note. Create a note on your phone with frequently used hashtags so you can easily copy and paste them, saving valuable time.
- Make it yours. Don’t forget to create your own branded hashtags. By incorporating hashtags like #YourNameWedding or #YourNamePhotography. Potential clients can explore your work easily.
We’d love to hear your tips for using hashtags on Instagram! Share your insights in the comments below. And if you’re interested in learning more about Instagram strategies, check out our blog for further insights.
Are you ready to get your business on the right foot in 2017? Sign up for a free 14 day trial with Iris! We’ll have you organized in no time!