It’s hard to believe that we are almost to a new year, but it’s true. And what better time than to come up with a game plan to head into 2020 swinging? Your business can always use a boost and refocus and it’s as good of a time as any to shake things up with a few new ideas. It’s easy to get excited about your business when you have some solid action items and goals. We’ve put together a list of a few ideas that you might want to try to set yourself up for a great start to the new year.
Leverage word of mouth from existing clients and partners:
- First, design and order some personalized referral cards for your clients to share with their friends and family.
- Next, create a referral incentive plan to fill up the calendar. We wrote a BLOG about how to get started.
- Then, order some bonus prints and send them off to your clients with a note to spread the word about their experience.
- After that, plan a styled shoot with some vendors that you’ve been dying to work with. Get creative with ways to share and publish your work.
- Lastly, always write thank you cards… to everyone. Whether it’s a note to clients, partners, vendors or the owners of the coffee shop you edit in, a little thank you goes a long way.
Get thoughtful about putting yourself out there:
- Make sure that you’re stocked up on business cards as it’s the time of year to meet new people.
- Reach out to other small businesses and get creative about cross-promotion.
- Schedule coffee dates with vendors you love to see if you can collaborate on new things.
- Submit, submit, submit. Show your work to publications, ask a local newsletter if you can contribute or find out how to get featured on another vendor’s blog.
- Think about where you can show your work. Are those walls at the coffee shop or the pediatrician’s office bare? Fill them up!
- Join a networking group. You’d be surprised how quickly those referrals can happen.
Up your online game:
- Use Facebook and Instagram ads to target local customers who may not know about you.
- Refresh your hashtag game. It’s important.
- Be consistent with your posts. Schedule a few a week so that you’re sure to be seen over and over. And don’t forget about Instagram stories. That’s where the magic is happening!
- Also, blog consistently (or get caught up!) with topics that your target clients will want to read.
- Revisit your voice. Are your posts talking to the clients that you want for the new year? Create a few personas of your ideal clients and target your voice to them.
- Refresh your About Me page. Get creative and focus on what sets you apart.
- Underpromise. Overdeliver. Every time. Happy clients send referrals.
- Additionally, always communicate in a timely fashion. Need help? Building workflows in Iris will make sure that you never miss a beat. Learn more about how to overcome workflow anxiety on our BLOG.
- Be genuine and confident in yourself. People want to know YOU.
If you’re ready to get your business organized for the new year and you haven’t checked out Iris, it’s the perfect time to start a FREE 14-day trial. If you’re already an Iris user, our YouTube channel is a great place to refresh yourself on all of the ways that we can help you grow your business.