Working from your home office – a blessing and curse at the same time. The flexibility can be wonderful, but can also make it easy to get distracted. So how do you make the most of it?
Here are some tips to help you stay focused while working from home!
- Have your own space. Whether it’s your dining room table, a dedicated office, or even just a spare room with a desk – make sure you have your own space that you go to for work each day. Avoid working from the couch (hello nap time) and get out of your pajamas!
- Start the same way, each day. If you establish a routine, you’ll be starting on the right foot for a productive day. Login to your Iris account, review your current tasks, follow up with any outstanding leads, and then dive into your day.
- Set a timer. We’re big fans of using a timer. Some of us need a timer to keep us on target, others need a timer to help us work efficiently. Pick a task, set a time, and try to beat it!
- Make sure you have an end time. It can be easy to just keep working but keeping that work life balance is important. So, set an end time like you would have going in to an office and stop at that time.
- Take breaks. Get up and walk around or go outside. Just as you would if you worked in an office, you need breaks to keep up your motivation and productivity. Get the blood pumping to get your brain energy flowing again.
Check out this blog on making a home studio space work.
What tips do you have for being more productive? Tell us in the comments below!
Want to try Iris Works for free? Sign up for a free 14 day trial.