As you’ve heard us say many times before, boudoir questionnaires are one of the most important things you can use to get to know your clients before a session with your clients! This handy tool will not only save you time by finding out quick information about your client, and can prep you before any consultation phone calls before a session. This is especially vital in boudoir photography as you want to make the client as comfortable as possible, define their comfort level, and create a session that is unique to your client’s personality.
- What is the purpose of your session? Is it a gift for yourself? Your partner?
- What style of makeup do you prefer? Will you be using a make-up artist?
- How will be your hair be styled? Big loose curls, sleek and straight, casual updo, or other?
- What bands/music artists do you like? Or do you have a favorite Spotify list?
- How revealing would you like your portraits? (Conservative, Lingerie Only: no implied or any type of nudity, Implied Nudity: covered by angles, shadows, posing, sheet, or Tastefully Exposed)
- Do you have any props or special items you are planning to bring to your shoot?
- Is there anything that you would like me to minimize, conceal, or otherwise de-emphasize?
- If you are doing this for your partner, what features would they say they love about you?
- Is there anything else you want me to know about you?
- Do you have any inspiration images or a Pinterest board you would like me to see?
- If you had a chance to view my pricing guide and products is there anything you would like me to keep in mind when photographing you?
- Do you need your products by a certain date?
By asking these questions on your boudoir questionnaire, not only are you getting your building excitement by getting your client to start brainstorming for their session but you’re building trust by getting the chance to give feedback to your client so they can have a successful shoot. Plus you are also getting them to think ahead to how they want to display their products after the shoot!
Did you know that with Iris Works, we have the ability to automatically send your clients questionnaires before their session? Give us a try! Sign up for your free 30 day trial today!