Join our team
Iris is a web-based, client relationship management (CRM) system designed for photographers and creatives. We’ve helped thousands of photographers streamline their businesses by automating back-end office tasks including invoicing, creating contracts, and managing photo sessions.
Current Open Positions
*Please include resume*
Software Engineer – Full Time (remote)
About Your Role
Our app is built with Ruby on Rails with a front end that we’re converting into React. This position will be working on tackling legacy code,building upon existing features, and triaging bugs, you will also take ownership of new features.
You will work closely with the company CEO, who is responsible for setting the strategy and direction of the product, and with the lead developer who is responsible for setting the technical strategy behind the product.
- Developing features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant manner
- Collaborating with the CTO and CEO to create and understand feature specifications, requirements, and development plans
- Solving technical problems of small and moderate scope
- Write code that meets the company’s code quality and stylistic standards
- Reviewing code from your peers and performing quality assurance checks
- Deploying features and improvements
- Writing documentation for your code and how features work
- Pair programming when needed
- 2-4 years software engineering experience in a production environment
- Fluency in HTML & CSS
- Comfortable designing with usability and accessibility in mind
- Proficiency in SQL; you can write queries using JOINs and WHERE.
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- Willingness to perform full-stack development as needed, with experience in other languages and frameworks
- Authorization to work in the United States without requirement of sponsorship/Visa
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with React
- Work experience in a B2C (Business to Consumer) and/or B2B (Business to Business) environment
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development experience
Pay & Benefits
- Flexible schedule, including optional 4 day work week
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays off, including your birthday