Hi! I’m Meagan Burris. I’m an Central Indiana photographer specializing in births, babes, families + boudoir. For a while I “specialized” in everything, but then I realized I didn’t find joy in shooting weddings (don’t get me wrong, I *love* a good wedding. I just don’t want to be behind the camera for it!), or seniors. But if you put a baby in my arms, I get all melty and could snap away in my own little world for hours.
I’ve had a camera in my hand since I was 8, so I guess you could say this whole photography thing was a long time coming. I’m married to my sweetheart Josh, who really pushed me to turning my passion into a full on career in 2012. They weren’t kidding when they said the one’s you love bring out the best in you! Since then this whole thing has been a roller coaster and my business has taken off and thrived in ways I never imagined!
Photography lights a fire in me that I’ve never been able to put out. I love my clients and the other photographer’s in this community like family. This job is so incredibly humbling and I feel so lucky that this is what I get to do for the rest of my life!
Fun facts about me!
- We have two fur babies. Myla and Modock. Myla has one eye and is basically the best dog on the planet. We rescued Mo last year…he’s a little lover but is also the crankiest dog ever! 😉
- I have four little sisters. Built in best friends, pretty awesome!
- I run a group of 300+ Indiana photographer’s that I started last September. SO thankful for that group and the friendships I’ve made! “Hi guys!”
- Besides running my photog business full time, I’m also a full time project manager and photographer for my dad’s construction company, and part time business manager for my mom’s photography prop shop. I like staying busy!
- I talk way too much, I love giving hugs (although sometimes I hug people I hardly know and it gets awkward..), and I love meeting new people. So I can hug them. Obviously. 🙂
Be sure to check out more of Meagan’s work!